Tuesday 10 February 2009

Second post within minutes!

So while I've been off sick, what have I been up to?

My DH bought me a book on machine Trapunto for Christmas, so here's my first attempt:



Naturally I ran out of thread 3/4 of the way through, but I quite like the effect. The FMQ-ing is coming along nicely too! I love the tiny stipple, but this is going to be one for small pieces, I'm not sure I'd have the patience to do something that tiny (even for background)on a full size piece.

Here's a much nicer pic of Hannah's Christmas quilt (we ended up buying a new camera as the old one threw a hissy fit and kept dying):



She loves it, but I'm going to have to borrow it to take to quilt group tonight. I stippled it in a bigger stipple than the Trapunto sample, and added in a freehand flower in each of the pink squares. Every time I remembered, I drew a leaf in as well.

I joined in a block swap with one of my online quilt groups:



These are going to be made into a table topper ready for next year...arrived too close to this Christmas to do anything with!

I've made blocks for a Jacob's Ladder swap with the same group. I posted them this morning, but have these 2 left over ready for a baby quilt:



Finally, I've joined in a mini quilt of the month challenge with the same group as had the bag challenge last year. So far I've completed January, and pieced the top for February. I'm heading to the sewing room to quilt Feb right after writing this!



No comments: